AJAR.id – Hello Ajarian! As a hotelier, surely you want (and must!) provide the best service possible to the guests. You have to make their stay at the hotel enjoyable, by assuring they always get what they require and feel satisfied at all times.
When the guest first arrives at your hotel, welcome them warmly and assist them for checking in. But, what if they arrive when their room is not ready yet?
Often, if a guest arrives early in the day before the guaranteed check-in time, their room may not be immediately available. In these cases, you can do the following:
- Check your room allocation system to see if there is a room other than the one assigned to the guest that fits the criteria and is vacant and ready for use.
- If so, change the allocation and proceed, giving the key to the guest.
- It is a good idea to check the ‘room status’ i.e. whether the room is vacant and clean, while the guest is occupied with registering. In this way, you can change the allocation if necessary without the guest ever knowing that their room number has been changed.
- If it is not possible to change an allocation and a guest must wait for their room:
- Check what time the room will be available for the guest with your Housekeeping department.
- Advise the guest...